PROVIDES A VIEW OF THE SUB-SEABED IN FULL 3D ALONG THE SURVEY LINE.
Beam characteristics :
- 80° Swath ( 1.7 * water depth)
- 10° Beam aperture
- Up to 1° angular sampling (81 beams)
The seaCHIRP™3D is a multi-beam sub bottom profiler combining super wide band Chirp technology with Beamforming and Synthetic Aperture Sonar (SAS) processing.
This is the next generation multi-beam seaCHIRP™ system, acquiring specular reflections in the survey direction & backscattered energy perpendicular to the traverse from illuminated objects located off-section.
The end product is a 3D grid consisting of a central 2D seismic section paralleled by 2D sections containing correctly positioned backscattered reflectors.
It is ideally suited for surveys where the survey objective is the detection of UXOs, boulders or subsea infrastructure illuminated by the swath. Allows along axis surveying of linear structures (cables, pipelines etc.).
- It improves buried object detection and localization (pipes, cables, UXO, etc.) at depths of up to several dozen meters.
- It allows technical measurements of buried objects (apparent dimensions)
- It can complement magnetic measurements, leading to a reduction in false detection rate.
- Thanks to its large swath, it allows a complete coverage of the seabed with a reduced number of survey lines.
- Seabed hazard identification, boulders, UXOs
- Fine-scale, detailed sea-floor stratigraphy studies
- Along and across axis delineation of buried pipes and cables
- Archaeological studies